“YANG YUAN·SIX WALNUTS CUP”2018 HENGSHUI LAKE INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
RULES & REGULATIONS
Hebei Provincial Sports Bureau
Hengshui Municipal People's Government
Athletic Administration Center of Hebei Provincial Sports Bureau
Hengshui related counties, districts and departments
Beijing Zhongji Sports Management Co., Ltd.
Xiangyun Physical Culture Communication Co., Ltd of Hengshui City
V. Date & Location
7:30a.m. of Sep.29, 2018 (Saturday，Aug.20 as Chinese lunar calendar),
Marathon (Men's and Women's): 42.195KM
Half Marathon (Men's and Women's): 21.0975KM
Health Run (Men's and Women's): 5KM
Hengshui Lake Marathon Square (START) → along Donghu Road to the south → turn right to the east at the crossing of Jizhou Jinji Street and Binhu Road → turn right at Zhonghu Road to the north → turn right at the north bank of Hengshui Lake to the east → turn left at Donghu Road to the north → turn back to the south at 126.3m point of Hengshui Fuyangyi Road → Hengshui Lake Marathon Square (FINISH)
2. Half Marathon
Hengshui Lake Marathon Square (START) → along Donghu Road to the south → turn back at Bishuiwan Hotel → Hengshui Lake Marathon Square (FINISH)
3. Health Run
Hengshui Lake Marathon Square (the starting point) → turn back at Pengcheng Road to the north → turn right at Xuegang Road → south gate of Horticulture Expo Garden → go through Horticulture Expo Garden → north gate of Horticulture Expo Garden (FINISH)
VIII. About Participation
1. Age Category
a) Marathon: 20~65 years old (born between Jan.1,1953 and Dec.31,1998)
b) Half Marathon:16~65 years old (born between Jan.1,1953 and Dec.31, 2002)
c) Mini Marathon: over 13 years old (born before Dec.31,2005, juveniles must be accompanied by guardians)
Note: The age of elite runners and those registered in CAA(Chinese Athletic
Association) should be stipulated in accordance with relevant rule provisions
made by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations).
2. Health requirements
a) Marathon race is a competitive sports of great strength, long distance and also high risks. High requirements on health conditions is a need. Participants should be physically healthy and often conduct running practice or training. Appropriate race events should be chosen according to health conditions. Those who fall into following categories are advised NOT to participate:
(1) Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease;
(2) Hypertension and cranial vascular disease;
(3) Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
(4) Serious coronary artery disease and serious arrhythmia;
(5) Diabetics with blood sugar of over top or over low;
(6) sick in a cold two weeks before race day;
(7) Pregnant women;
(8) Patients with other diseases not suitable for sports;
b) In the race, individual participants should bear responsibilities by themselves due to physical or other reasons of personal injuries or property damages. LOC (Local Organizing Committee) requires every participant to take the corresponding medical examinations (including cardiogram test) in related legal/official medical institutions, and ensure health condition before taking part in the race.
3. Race limit
a) Marathon: 5,000 participants
b) Half Marathon: 3,000 participants
c) Health Run: 10,000 participants
4. Registration Time
a) Marathon & Half Marathon: from 10:00a.m. of Aug.6, 2018. Entry closes once the limit is reached. LOC reserves the right to close the registration date according to registration circumstances.
b) For Health run: registration can be conducted ONLY through local counties and
districts. etc. Please refer to their published notice for updates.
5. Registration Method
(a) Please register through race’s official website or at designated location. Please bring along your valid documents: original copy of ID cards (second edition), passports, and military officer cards, etc.
(b) Runners registered in Chinese Athletic Association should go to surf in registration system designated by LOC, first come, first served.
(c) For official pacers, medical runners, please watch our most updated notice in future;
(d) Health run registration can be conducted ONLY through local counties and
districts. etc. Please refer to their published notice for update.
6. Online Registration
For marathon and half marathon participants, please go to our official website(http://www.hengshuimalasong.com). You will receive confirmation message of successful entry and tips about Race Bag Collection later on.
7. Registration Fees
a) Overseas registration: 300RMB/person for marathon/half marathon;
b) Domestic registration (including Hongkong, Macau and Chinese Taiwan): 100RMB/person for marathon, 80RMB/person for half marathon.
c) For the followings: elite runners, runners registered in China Athletic Association, official medical runners, and official pacers: free of charge.
8. Payment Method
a) Once you’ve registered through online system, please conduct payment according to system instructions. Please do save relevant image proof for future check.
b) After successful registration, registration fee will not be refunded, and your race category shall not be changed.
9. Accommodation arrangements
a) For elite runners: accommodation, city transportation and travel expenses should be implemented according to the agreement, and other personal expenses should be borne on their own.
b) For runners registered in CAA (Chinese Athletic Association: accommodation and city transportation will be executed according to the requirements of Rules and Regulations of 2018 National Marathon Championships. Checking in ahead of the schedule, delaying in departure, or extra staff limits, accommodation fees of 300RMB/person/day will be charged.
c) For amateur runners, all expenses should be self-covered.
Participants shall purchase personal accident insurance.LOC covers for each participant and each staff on race date. Please read more detailed information of Specifications of Life Accident Insurance on the official website before the race.
a) From Sep.27 to Sep.28, 2018, marathon and half marathon runners please fetch your race bags (venue and time is to be noticed), against your valid identity cards, etc. No substitution of implementation is allowed.
b) Referee teams from CAA and those selected by Hebei Province please arrive according to the appropriate time.
IX. About Competition
1. The event is conducted in accordance with the latest Rules and Regulations for Track & Field certified by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) and CAA (Chinese Athletic Association);
2. Roll-call: Roll-call time is set as 40 minutes before race starts. All runners shall be ready in different designated areas. Elite runners are required to present original copies of passports, registration cards are needed for those CAA registered runners;
3. Start Order: Runners shall be ready according to the order: elite runners-- CAA registered runners--amateur runners. Event categories are listed by Marathon, followed by half marathon, and health run, with 30meters between each two categories.
4. Gun shoot: One-gun shoot.
5. Cut-off distances and time
To ensure security and smooth of the race, different road sections would be blocked according to different cut-off time. Late runners must quit the race immediately to avoid danger. Aid buses are accessible to the FINISH .( In case of any emergency, LOC has the right to shorter cut-off time, and all runners must follow the command. )
Cut-off time is as the following (subject to gun time):
6. For marathon and half Marathon: electronic timing system is applied for recording results. Each runner is required to wear a disposable chip provided by LOC. At the START,FINISH, turning point, and each 5KM point, there is one reacting carpet placed for timing recording, and runners must pass over them one by one. Any missing record would cause null. Except the starting point, any deviation at any two points are sub 0.1 second, related achievements will also be canceled.
7. Runner who finish marathon or half marathon within cut-off time are able to receive race supplies served by LOC. Result certificates are accessible to print on official website after result publicity.
8. Cloakroom service will be set up on race day (only for marathon and half marathon runners). Marathon runners may get back their deposited personal belongings at the designated cloakroom before 15:00 on race day. Half marathon runners may do it before 12:00 noon on race day. If late, please fetch them by contacting LOC. However, for those belongings not recollected within 5 days after race, LOC will dispose them at their will. Please do not keep valuable things in bags (such as mobile phones, valid credentials, cash and keys, ipads and credit cards, etc.), otherwise you have to bear responsibility for lost.
A beverage/water station is set at each 5 KM from the START, the 7.5KM point. Between two beverage stations a drinking water/using water station is set up. Signboards will be placed 100 meters ahead of each water station. Refreshment stations are available along the course.
10. According to the relevant regulations of the IAAF and CAA, doping tests would be conducted by LOC selectively among runners.
11. We will carry out Administrative Regulations of Sportsmanship and Discipline in Marathon and Related Sports within China issued by CAA. Discipline violation will be seriously dealt with.
Related disciplinary actions including but not limited to the following situations:
(1) Sign up with false age or displaced by others after enrollment;
(2) Not wearing the required race T-shirts and bibs;
(3) Runners carry others’ time chip (including male athletes carrying the female athletes’) or one runner carries two or above time chips in the race;
(4) Disobey the starting order, starting at the starting point for other event categories;
(5) Start running without following gun time;
(6) Athletes’ coaches enter the race tracks by taking any vehicles;
(7) Do not finish the full distance along fixed course, or take a shortcut or cut in;
(8) Participate with forged number bibs, or one group runs alternately to finish one race.
(9) Squeezing, pushing, thrusting, tripping while running;
(10) Receiving souvenirs by repeatedly crossing the finishing line against rules;
(11) Fail to complete the whole course but remain crossing the finishing line for souvenirs;
(12) Disobeying directions of staff workers;
(13) Other acts violating the race provisions, will be punished in accordance with the relevant race rules;
12. As for the concrete requirements and agenda, please refer to Runners’ Guide in details.
X. Prizes and Places
1. Record Breaking Award
men's marathon: 2:07:38 (created on September 20, 2014)
women’s marathon: 2:25:43 (created on September 26, 2015)
Bonus 10,000USD for breaking either of the above records. (The above awards are available ONLY for men’s or women’s champion.)
b) World Record
men's marathon record: 2:02:57
women’s marathon record: 2:15:25 (mixed gender race)
Bonus of 100,000USD. (The above awards are available ONLY for men’s or women’s champion.)
a) Rank Prize
Top 8 winners of men and women would be ranked and awarded with race prizes
accordingly. Top 3 winners would also have additionally a medal and a trophy
respectively. (Unit: USD)
Remarks: For winners of Chinese nationality, prizes in RMB currency with
equivalent amount would be preferably distributed.
b) Special Awards of National Marathon Championships
c) Awards for Chinese Runners
Except the general rankings, Chinese runners are also ranked exclusively. Top
30 winners with Chinese nationality are rewarded according to below structure
Remarks: If one Chinese runner has won several prizes, he/she could only be awarded according his/ her top award title.
e) Each runner finishing full marathon race within cut-off time will obtain commemorative medal and a bath towel.
3. Half Marathon
a) Top 20 winners of men/women would be ranked and awarded with race prize
accordingly. Top 3 winners would also have additionally a medal and a trophy
respectively. (Unit: RMB)
b) Each runner finishing half marathon race within cut-off time will obtain a
commemorative medal and a bath towel.
c) All the above awards shall be levied 20% prize amount as individual income tax, according to related Chinese tax laws.
4. Regarding time results, only Rank Prize and Special Awards of National Marathon Championships are counted in gun time results, other awards are counted in net time results.
5. After the race, all winners please bring your valid credentials and copies to designated location for info submit. Please provide your info as detailed as possible, i.e. bank branch name is preferred to notify, as like “Hengshui Department Store Branch of Industrial and Commercial Bank”. Prize payment would be implemented after results have been published and no dispute has occurred. Submit procedure would last until 40 days after race day, during which winners must submit info, otherwise absent one would be considered as a waiver to accept the award. Vacant award will not be re-issued.
6. No rankings for health run.
7. Each registered participant would obtain a T-shirt and a race bag (as come for
on-site collection of race items).
1. Chinese Athletic Association would designate technical delegates, technical
officials, arbitrators, part of chief judges and chief referees.
2. Other referees would be selected by Hebei Provincial track and Field Management Center and Hengshui Municipal Sports Bureau.
XII. Medical Care & First Aids
1. Along the route, medical aid spots are set up at each 2.5KM, and fixed medical stations are fixed at each 5KM, of which there is each one distinct sign boards placed 50M ahead. Ambulances will follow runners all the route.
2. Volunteers along the route assigned to assist medical aids and maintain race order. Runners please seek help from them in case needed.
3.Hengshui Herison International Peace Hospital and six other hospitals would be selected as designated medical security units for the race.
4. Injury, illness medical fees and other expenses should be borne by runners /running teams themselves during the race.
XIII. Meteorological Info
1. The course road altitude varies from 21M to 26M, with 23.5M being the average.
2. On September 29th, the average daily temperature normally varies between 14.4℃ ~24.2℃.
3. Average daily precipitation:1.4mm.
4. Average daily humidity: 61%.
XIV. Contacts of Organizing Committee
Add: Hengshui Municipal Sports Bureau (651, Weiming Street, Hengshui City, Hebei Province, China) Zip code: 053000
Tel: 0086-(0)318- 2059266
XV. Matters not covered here shall be notified separately.
Organizing Committee of
Hengshui Lake International Marathon2018
July 5, 2018